Blog September 2026 - Count Your Blessings

 

Blog September 2026

Count Your Blessings

There are times in life when you choose to pause and shouldn’t; times when you should pause and don’t and then there are times when you didn’t choose the pause, but what happens to you or around you. determines that the pause is going to happen. Since I am of the belief that God knows all things and there are no surprises to Him, that whatever situation or position I am in, He already knew. I can either choose to wrestle Him about it and lose or decide to walk in agreement with Him and settle into the pause with a mindset of asking why and not one of frustration that has a tinge of anger or disappointment. After all, where would that latter attitude or behavior get me, but only in greater disappointment, placing me in a position that I will not learn or be educated in the place I am in or at. 

I say all that, to remind myself and prayerfully those that are reading this, that we continue to look to God in our plight, difficulty or situation, and remain vertically focused on Him. Doing so will cause the horizontal chaos around us to become blurred and covered by Him. Things can get crazy and some of that craziness can be self-induced and therefore carries consequences, but by remaining vertically focused, we can see our shortcomings, learn from our mistakes and avoid getting angry. When things just seem to happen around us or to us with no apparent cause, that vertical focus becomes imperative so that we can see Him and His path in all the commotion, to help us eliminate frustration or lessen our disappointment.   

All those situations, difficulties and plights can happen personally as well as in ministry and when it happens in ministry, our disappointment can be deeper; our struggle in understanding can become more difficult, because we want to rationalize that nothing difficult or wrong should happen when it comes to serving God. WRONG! I believe that is where Satan can attack the strongest, where we humans can get in the way of God’s will and disrupt His timing. Walking out God’s will at His speed, takes not only patience, but also perseverance to achieve His Sacred Pace and Timing. Growing pains into more areas of ministry, growing issues with shipping equipment and traveling internationally, dealing with self-desire of wanting something done now over waiting on God patiently and persevering through the delays, reminding yourself to remain in prayer and remind yourself that God knows and is in control.  

All of that is great news and has been a classroom of experiences that have grown me spiritually and helped me to handle not only the issues, but also the many, many blessings God has given us at HiS Print. The old hymn, Count Your Blessings, you do so by naming them one by one and that keeps your focus on what He has done and not looking at what others have achieved or received or disappointed at what hasn’t yet been accomplished. Let me share a few of those blessings with you and say thank you for your support of the ministry and being one of those counted blessings to me and the ministry. If you are reading this, you have been counted as one of those and you are greatly appreciated.

Global Ministry

Baptism of Vukasin and Johnny 

There are times on the overseas mission field that you are blown away by what God does or how He creates opportunities for us to share His love. I began sharing God’s love with Vukasin back in 2016 when we first met in Slovenia. Vuk, from Serbia, had heard about HiS Print and what we were doing with American football in Croatia and now Slovenia, so he was prompted to come and check it out for himself, and he brought three of his players with him to take part in the camp. When we first met, he explained to me that he did not believe what I believed. He shared that he was Jewish by birth and Atheist by choice and since he would need proof to believe in Jesus, assuring me that would never, he would remain a non-believer. Well after the first talk I gave on the first day of camp, he came up to me and retold me that he didn’t believe as I did, but what I had said made him lean in to listen. He then asked if I would consider doing a camp in his hometown in Serbia. As Paul Harvey would say, “Now for the rest of the story.”

Vuk - A relationship that is a Blessing Beyond Measure.
His declaration of being a non-believer, never stopped a relationship from growing that year and deeper every year since. Several years later he asked me for a Bible, which I gladly delivered to him, and it wasn’t long after he spent reading God’s word, that he told me he had trusted in Jesus. You talk about rejoicing on this side of heaven, which all of us were doing at HiS Print, knowing fully we were competing with what the angels were doing in heaven. 
Vuk with his first ever Bible. His very own!
This past year Vuk asked me if I would baptize him and that he wanted to come to Sisak, Croatia to have me do it. After some discussion and prayer, we lined it up to happen before I left to come home to the states. It so happened that Johnny, another dear friend of ours in Serbia came with him desiring the same thing. What a blessing this was and the reason we travel 6,000 miles every year to love people where they are until they ask why! 
Johnny, Me and Vuk 2026
Baptism Video
Ministry in Croatia Continues 
One huge blessing is that while we are home stateside, the overseas ministry continues through Lordan and Martina. They are our in-country disciples and boots on the ground. They make it all happen while we are away and prepare everything before we come every year. The pictures below were taken when they visited a family we couldn’t fit in with our schedule while we were there. They went and purchased the food necessary and went on a home visit without us. The experience was such a blessing to the family, but also to us as we got to witness God using them in a very special and important way. They also hosted the Croatian National Flag Football Team again this year and have helped make the team have a wonderful and blessed stay at HiS House. God has grown our outreach immensely through their dedication and service to HiS Print and all for the expansion of the Kingdom.
Lordan and Martina visiting Family in very bad living conditions. They have been living here since the earthquake in 2020. The Croatian National Flag Football Team came for their bi-annual camp.

Glocal Ministry

I can hardly believe myself how much we are able to accomplish with the lack of warehouse space and the situation we have still in since 2020. With no warehouse space it is hard to make room for more collections God brings our way. However, the requests keep coming in and although we cannot make major shipments or give more away because of our current storage situation, we are still able to provide. We have a shipment ready for Kazakhstan, another request from Germany and another from Zimbabwe. We would appreciate your prayers for the completion of the God Garage that we are building step by step but need finances to make the next steps possible. Completing the God Garage warehouse will allow us to be better stewards with what God has collected and allow more sharing around the world. 
Thank you from Republic of Georgia
The Republic of Georgia recently had an American football tournament, and they thanked us publicly for helping them play the game they have fallen in love with. It is always a blessing to receive those notes and to give all the glory to God in return. We let them know, that if it weren’t for God, we would never have the equipment needed to make it possible to share.

Local Ministry

As I mentioned above in the Glocal Ministry of equipment collection and distribution, we need your help for prayer and finances to make the next step possible and complete the home of HiS Print, the warehouse necessary to properly steward what God has collected and a huge front porch to minister and worship the Lord while observing His creation. 
HiS Herd is constantly changing along with the growth of HiS Place in Alvin. The cows we had are no longer with us and we now have sheep to go along with the rest of the herd. We have plenty to handle and love to share them with those who come out. Longhorns, goats, horses, donkeys, peacocks and sheep are all ready to take a handout of food. The sheep are a beautiful addition to the herd and are so gentle. Come on out and help us care for them and you will get to know all of them as well. We also have a stocked fishing pond ready for a hook or two to bring in the big one.
Pics of the sheep and Longhorns, horse and goats
For the past eight years, I have discipled men and walked through life with them through God’s Word. It has been amazing to witness the growth of the men I meet with one-on-one and in the several Bible study groups I lead. I am grateful to be challenged to apply God’s Word to everyday life. This March marked the sixth year of the daily Soul Medicine podcast. In six and a half years, I believe we have missed only one day. I want to give a special shout-out to Debbie Page, HiS Print’s treasurer and administrator. Each day, she takes what I share, adds the Scripture connected to the day’s verse or verses, and puts everything together. She then distributes it by email and across podcast networks. Producing Soul Medicine each day has been a tremendous blessing. I do not know how many people it reaches, and I do not need to know. If it reaches one person, it is worth it. Even if it reaches no one else, it is still worthwhile because it reaches me through the time, I spend with the Holy Spirit preparing it.
Soul Medicine Podcast Link

We appreciate each and every one of you and would love for you to join us for events that we will be having in the future and also walk alongside us in prayer as we ask God to help us financially handle all the areas of ministry that He has grown us into and to continue to share His love with people until they ask why! We couldn’t do that without you and we thank God for each of you. 

HE DID IT!
David

Comments