Summer 2023 MiLO - Blog 9


Summer MiLO Blog 9
Remain Humble and Enjoy the Ride

God has really dealt with me on this MiLO on what I need to be as a disciple of Christ and are my actions, and most importantly, is my attitude displaying His love. I love coming to Croatia, it’s my home away from home, but God has knocked me to my knees and brought me down off my high horse several times while on these MiLO’s, the true meaning of being on My Learning Opportunity with HiS Print. 

The past several days it had been pride that has been elevated and the devastation it can cause if not kept in check. Believe me it will creep in unannounced and shout its arrival through an action or word that is not Christ like.  

Having that attitude will always cause you trouble. It’s that pursuit of sitting at the best seat at the table that Jesus warned us about in scripture, (Luke 14:7-11). God has shown me while here that I need to in constant evaluation and I hope to carry with me home; pride gets in the way of our ministry of love and we can easily fall into the world's view, where Pride is becoming the norm. 

May we never be about “I” and the selfishness that ignites, but to be reminded that “i” is never more important than Him. It’s not who we are, but whose we are!  

 

PRIDE vs. PRICE

  • Removing your ID Replacing it with IC (in Christ) Everything we do is In Christ and not in your ID. 
  • Attitude has to change from “I Declare” to “I Care”

I came up with this acronym to remind me of what pride is:

PRIDE

Proclaiming

Rights

I 

Decide

Essential 

 

That’s a mind shift from the worlds point of view and our own mind set. Psalm 118:8 is the exact middle of the Bible and it tells us “It is better to trust in the Lord than to trust in man.” That man, could be yourself. 

The Sunday before camp was to start, we decided to combine church with a little culture and sightseeing tour. So we loaded up the van and headed to Zagreb, went to church with Daniel and Kata, in downtown Zagreb, the capital of Croatia. It was a real blessing to spend that time with them, since they drove the hour to Sisak the day before to help us at the Texas Carnival. It was really cool to see many men that I had  met in the past. Many of the men at this church had come to HiS House last fall for a men’s retreat and I spent the weekend with them. 
Church service in Zagreb

After church, we went on a walk around Zagreb and had a wonderful sightseeing and culture experience with our faithful local Croatian Lordan. He does such a great job and leads us to all the greatest spots. 

top left: Robert in front of the Kravata store. Croatia is the home of the necktie. 
top right: Catholic Cathedral getting a face lift. 
bottom left: Walking the streets of the capital city 
bottom right:  City of Zagreb from the heights above. 

Getting to know the culture is always a great way to learn more about the people we are serving, learning about their past and the influences that have made them the people they are. I find it interesting and always learn something new. Although I didn’t walk the city streets with them, hip still isn’t up to that, sitting at lunch with Lordan and the group was an experience all in itself. 

Team at lunch. Lordan is the first on on the left. He came with us from Sisak to show us around. 

Thank you for your support and love that we have felt everyday. He’ll us carry through each task set before us. Remember Jesus loves you and so do I!

HE DID IT! 

David

Comments