Summer 2023 MiLO - Blog 6

Summer 2023 MiLO Blog 6

Well, let me start out by saying “I miss Rock!” Notice I didn’t say I miss The Rock. I have the Rock and He will always be a part of my life. He’s the firm place to stand, the Psalmist declares in Psalm 40:2; “He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the muck and mire; He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand,” Definitely I would be standing in the muck and mire of a slimy pit without Jesus, my Solid Rock and without keeping Him at the forefront of all I do, I’d easily fall right back into it. 
 

Carnival Prep

Who I’m talking about it Rock Beal! No, that’s not a nickname given by me; it’s how he introduced himself to me over 12 years ago and he and his wife, Sharon (Pebbles-my nickname for her) have been a part of HiS Print ever since. I’m missing Rock because he is our handyman and get the job done guy. When it comes to the carnival and all the game building and prep, it falls on his shoulders. I always knew how difficult this job was, because I’d done it prior to Rock joining us. But now the carnival has grown and is so much more than it was back then. Sharon (Pebbles) has always been one of our house momma’s, keeping the house in order and picked up. I’m praying they’ll be back in the future, but this year they are busy with grandchildren and then having the opportunity to celebrate an anniversary on a riverboat cruise in Europe. 

In the meantime, I’ve been busy, non-stop working on building games and testing them. Since we’ve been out of the carnival program for two years, some games have been misplaced, parts missing or just not operational any longer. My back hurts, knees sore, and mind hurts from all the activity surrounding the Texas Carnival. The benefits far out way any struggle or difficulty. The Texas Carnival is designed to be a street reach opportunity to share the gospel and plant seeds of love to more people who happen by it. We have many carnival games that people play to win prizes, live music and someone to share their testimony on stage. The city has truly blessed us with this great opportunity. After not having it for four years, we will see if any people will attend. In years past we’ve had over 500 come and participate each year. We are just blessed by the chance to share and God will bring those who need to hear! Please keep the preps and the actual carnival, which is July 1st in the evening, in your prayers. 

 

 

left: Table of supplies for carnival games.
right: The stop rocket launch assembly for our English and fun days at HiS House. 

 

 

Relationship Development

While here, I’ve had several meetings with individuals in person with the intent to encourage and see how God can use the relationship. I’ve also had some meetings on line and one such encouraging meeting was with Boli. Boli is a missionary in sports ministry in Amsterdam and is Croatian. 

 

Boli and I on WhatsApp discussing future possibilities to work together to reach Croatia. 

 

We had the opportunity to pray before and after and listen to one another in between. Sandwiching and covering everything in prayer. We are desiring to minister and reach the lost across Croatia and seeing how God will orchestrate that. I met Boli back in 2016 in Italy at a European Sports Conference and we have remained in touch over the years. Excited about how God will orchestrate this. 

 

Younger brothers in 2016 in Italy. Boli and I. 

 

 

Library Program

We weren’t sure if we would have a Children’s Library Program this summer since we haven’t been around for so long. Turnover in library personnel led us to believe we would use this summer to go and reconnect and establish relationships for the future. Heidi, our HiS Print Community Outreach Director, has been diligent in remaining in contact with the one librarian who has remained since we first began this ministry over 10 years ago. Well, two weeks ago they sent Heidi a schedule, inviting us to do two programs at separate libraries, on three days in the morning during the week of baseball camp. It’s amazing to see how their invite happens to come on mornings we weren’t busy with baseball. God’s plan is always perfect and we are excited to see how God will use this time. 

 

Library Schedule at the two libraries.

 

 

Storks Baseball

My days are also filled with some practices with the young Storks. I must admit, my back hasn’t allowed me to do as much and be as active as I’d like with them. One day this week I had the blessing and privilege of working with three of them in fielding fly balls and hitting. The quickness of which they were absorbing the information and making adjustments was phenomenal. I was so caught up in the moment, I forgot to take pictures. 

 

 

Visitors at HiS House

HiS House has been busy with visitors at different times while I’ve been here. HiS House is often a resting place for missionaries traveling across Europe. It’s a place for them to spend the night, sit and visit, pray and then head their way. One set of recent visitors were two brothers coming from Macedonia on their way to Germany. They have known Janko for years from his time living in Germany. It was wonderful to pray with them before they left to complete their journey. 

 

Saying goodbye between brothers.

 

Another group that came to stay was a wedding party. Twelve people from 4 families came and made HiS House home for one night. They came early afternoon on Friday and got dressed for the wedding which was Friday evening. Croatian weddings are huge events that last at least 12 hours if not longer. So on Saturday mid-morning the crew began to stir and had coffee out on Welcome Porch and just before noon, they all left to head back to their respective homes. It was neat to have them here and listen to them catch up with one another. 

 

Morning after the wedding. A cup of Java and conversation amongst friends 

 

 

Goodbye for now! I leave you with two photos. These were taken by me earlier this week from here at HiS House. Thought you might enjoy seeing a glimpse of what I have been blessed with almost every morning and night, once the rains ceased. The picture on the left is the sun rise; I like to call it “Sky River Jordan”. The picture on the right is sunset; I like to call it “I Can Always See You”. 

 

 

left: "Sky River Jordon" (sunrise)
right: "I Can Always See You" (sunset)

 

You have a wonderful God filled day and remember Jesus loves you and so do I.

HE DID IT!
Mossman

 

 

 


Comments