Summer 2023 MiLO - Blog 2

 

Summer 2023 MiLO Blog 2

I started this blog several days ago, on June 7 and now it’s the 9th and got busy, forgetting to finish it and then send it off. I am going to keep what I wrote and just back track a little.

It’s Tuesday, June 6 and I am sitting here on Welcome Porch at HiS House in Sisak Croatia, enjoying studying God’s Word and the weather. It is raining and you can hear it on the roof and the temperature is a very mild 67.  Quite the change to what I am use to back in Texas and the temperatures they are having which is in the low 90’s.  This allows for some quality time to sit in a pause and reflect back over the last several days. 

Rain on Welcome Porch at HiS House in Sisak, Croatia

Although the weather has been mostly cloudy, many times raining and gloomy, my spirits are high and excitement at a peak, in anticipation of what comes next! I have had such beautiful visits with dear brothers, sisters and friends and even have had the opportunity to start some new ones, that my heart is filled to over flowing and can’t wait to see God’s next door He opens. It has been an absolute blessing spending time in God’s Word and to write what He has showed me through study. Of course since life is a roller coaster ride, with the highs, there are also low dips that occur and if you don’t stay vertically focused you could come off the rails.

I had a wonderful time of celebration with Coach Daniel and his colleagues from work at his his retirement last Friday. It was an honor to be invited by and was the only non television employee in attendance. I have also had several blessed times with Lordan and Martina hearing how married life is treating them these past 15 months. They both have become vital parts for HiS Print here in Croatian and always get things done.  

Coach Daniel, the shy one in the back ground with the microphone

Coach Daniel's Retirement party held up in the mountains at Camp Zelena Dolina

Maja and Lucas

I also had a beautiful and wonderful time at dinner with Neven and Maja at their home on Monday evening upon my arrival back from visiting Split on the coast. Neven cooked his signature lasagna and seeing their youngest son Luka was a real treat, watching him take his first steps. Those relationships are dear and most have been over 16 years, which for a few of them that’s almost half their lives. The opportunity to sit and visit, listen to their hearts and share love one for another, it gave me a since of belonging and the impact we have had across the city. 

I mentioned Split and my opportunity to go to the coast and watch the Croatian National Flag Championships and to see Stefan and Arie. Stefan and Arie originally served HiS Print in Sisak for several years before God opening the door for them to come and serve at an international school and to work ministry at a local university. They have really been blessed and God has provided time and time again. It was such a pleasure and honor to stay with them in their beautiful apartment in downtown Split, near Diocletian’s Palace and just off the the Rivia which is next to the Adriatic Sea. Diocletian was one of the last emperors of Rome and was Croatian. This was to be his retirement home and was built around 305 AD. It is still quite impressive and walking the streets in and around the palace takes you back in time. 

The time in prayer and one-on-one with Stefan was special and really touched my heart deeply. I have mentored and discipled Stefan for 17 years and to see where they are and how far they have come fills my heart with joy. They have come through some really tough times over a 4 year span and to see how God has prepared them and grown them is heartwarming. 

Flag Football Chamionships

I also came to watch the Flag Football Championship and see many of the players from around Croatia and The Balkans I have come to know and develop a relationship with. It was truly a surprise for them to see me there and a blessing for me to throw my arms around them, which for many was several years and for a couple of them for almost 10 years. 
top left:  Eldar, President of Sarajevo Spartans from Bosnia
top right: Marko, President of Croatian American Football
bottom left: Marko (left) and Dino (right.)  I've know these brothers a long time
bottom right: Edo.  I met Edo on my first visit to Split in 2010

I was filled with an emotional and spiritual high for my entire 4 1/2 hour trip back to HiS House. It was a special time of reconnecting with Stefan, hearing his heart as he spoke of the difficult yet rewarding times over the past 4 years and the chance to hear from all those guys around the football league who were so appreciative of HiS Print and the provision of equipment and support. 

Thank for supporting us all these 17 years and giving us the ability and opportunity to come and serve the people of The Balkans. Have a wonderful God filled day!

HE DID IT!
David 

Comments