2023 Spring Blog 2 - MiLO Global Flag Football Camp

 

Spring 2023 MiLO Global
Flag Football Camp

Although it has been hard to sit here stateside while we have a Flag Football Camp going in Sisak, Croatia with the Croatia National Team, I have been at ease and comforted knowing we have the best people in charge of making this the best camp ever. I can rest easy knowing we have people in place to help with logistics, housing, food and overall accommodations. To no one's surprise, the camp was a huge success and everyone seemed to be happy with everything. 

I was scheduled to leave on Tuesday March 7 and be in Sisak for 3 weeks, but as most of you know, I had a pause in my spirit in whether to go or not. With all that we had going on here stateside, I knew it was best that I stay home and care for my bride, family and myself. God gave me instant peace in making that decision, knowing we had the people in place there in Croatia to handle the situation and take care of the over 25 players coming to HiS House for the camp.

God confirmed to me in a visible way, through the formation of a cross in the sky above my neighbor’s house directly across the street. Perfect blue sky and no clouds, there appears a cross where two planes had crossed and their exhaust gave me the perfect sign to know who was in total control. Also, God has brought along many people to walk with us there in Croatia and all of them stepped up in a huge way. Lordan and his bride Martina made sure that meals were available between camp sessions and in the evening. Kristina made breakfast both mornings and the lady and daughter who came to help, made things go along smoothly and the players were extremely happy. Coach Daniel helped Lordan make arrangements with the city to get approval to use the local soccer fields. What a blessing to have the type of cooperation sport and city wide! And as always, Janko "The Gentle Giant" opened the house and his heart to all those who came. Although I wasn’t there in person, my heart joined in with them in all the activities. I may have even gained a few pounds eating Kristina’s wonderful cooking. 
The camp was organized by the Croatian National Flag Football Team from Dubrovnik. Marko, the President, and I began conversations several weeks out. There was a lot of organization with finding accommodations, getting field space, reserving take-out food, arranging for Kristina to come and cook and share her expertise in the kitchen and allow the fellas to enjoy her cooking. As always, Lordan is a huge help in getting those types of things accomplished and organizing with Janko on arrivals and logistics around HiS House. Then I threw a bombshell at everyone, when I shared that I would not be coming. Everyone was so supportive and agreed that this was not the time for me to be traveling. Not to my surprise, but definitely to my delight, each of them stepped up and went above and beyond to make this camp happen.  
Everyone who came to the camp couldn’t stop telling me how much they enjoyed their stay and all the food, accommodations and field use was exceptional. In fact, there is discussion about starting a camp in Sisak for Flag Football a couple of times a year. Sisak is centrally located and since there are 5 teams represented from all over Croatia (Dubrovnik Sharks, Split SeaWolves, Zagreb Patriots, Osijek Cannons, Bjelovar Greenhorns), having it in Sisak makes logical and tactical sense. Who knows, maybe one day, we will host an international tournament in Sisak, much like we have done for baseball in the past. That would be a huge opportunity to share the love of Christ through sport. 
While I was busy dealing with family and supporting my bride by traveling back and forth to El Campo, Texas to help with family matters there, I was assured that our Great God was showing off to all of us. It wasn’t a rainbow, but it was a beautiful sunset for both of us, there in Croatia and here in Texas 7 hours later! God is so good, and the players really had a great time. Dino from Split sent me a really nice message thanking us for putting this together. 

Message From Dino, from Split, Croatia:

I am so happy to be here. Could not ask for a better place to do camp for the Croatian National flag football team. Camp was amazing. We are all so happy 
Thanks, Dino 

Have a wonderful God filled day and remember Jesus loves you and so do I!  

HE DID IT! 

David

Comments