2022 Fall MiLO Blog 9

 

Parting Is Such Sweet Sorrow, But Knowing You’ll Meet Again Brings Comfort


I’m beginning to feel like Tom Hanks in the movie "Terminal." The airlines cancelled my original flight and bumped it up a day earlier. That put me in Amsterdam airport 22 hours and 3 minutes before my next flight to Houston. I grin when I think of last night when I was wandering the halls of this massive airport and not a soul in sight. While I’m writing this I have 6 hours remaining in my home away from home before riding the bird 10 and a half hours home to Houston. There were some memorable events during my stay and a nice KLM lounge they let me have access to!  However, I’m ready to get back home into my Baby Doll's arms.
 
Empty Amsterdam airport at 3:30 in the morning.
Lounge access was a lifesaver.

It is always hard the last couple of days in country because it’s spent visiting with those you have come to love and saying those goodbyes that sting.  The quietness of HiS House starts to close in around you. Having everybody return home and all that’s left is Janko and I, this big ole house can become eerily quiet. The voices and activities that were evident every hour of every day these past 17 days are dying echoes that become fainter with each hour.


I was blessed to spent these last two days visiting those God has placed in my life over the years and some have become like family. Lordan and Martina invited me over to their awesome apartment for homemade lasagna and it was a beautiful time together. They are such a huge blessing to HiS Print and all they do on the ground here in Croatia is measureless.
Lordan and Martina, faithful servants who always ask how they can help.
Over the years God brings certain people into your lives for various reasons and you never know exactly how you will be used in their life or how they will affect yours.
Barbara, the former head librarian of the children’s library, and me. What a lovely brother and sisterhood God has formed.
I asked Barbara to go with me to visit Branka to translate for me, but I had an ulterior motive in mind. She readily agreed and we headed to Branka’s house in Petrinja. I have known Branka for almost 10 years, bringing food and prayer to her home through the food pantry. Our visit was fantastic as always and words cannot describe the love and respect I have for her and her son. The clasping of these hands goes deeper than any words I could share.
Branka and me clasping hands that share love and mutual adoration for each other.
While we were visiting I asked Barbara to share her testimony. By the end of her story and after Branka shared hers, there were tears shed and love extended to sisters who had never met.
Barbara sharing her testimony of how she came to accept Jesus, with Branka.
Barbara and me with Branka and her caretaker. Such a deep love and friendship.
On my final night Neven, Leo and Vikki came by to give me a hug and sit and fellowship together. Was a blessed time to visit with him after his mom’s funeral earlier in the week. He is a dear friend and his family is dear to my heart.
Neven, Leo, Vikki and Me saying our "see ya later's" at HiS House.
It’s always great to get back on Texas soil, no matter how long your travels will require, but the people left behind are difficult to leave. My physical body and soul is returning to Baby Doll in Texas, but much of my heart remains there in Croatia with the people who have shaped my life over these past 16 years.

Have a wonderful God filled day and remember Jesus loves you and so do I!
HE DID IT!
David

Comments