2022 Fall MiLO Blog 8

 

Fall '22 MiLO - Blog 8
God’s Provision and Protection, It’s Around Every Turn and Up Every Hill

What a blessing this mission has been; both in getting things accomplished here at HiS House and at the missionary house of Daniel and Kate. No doubt we have had our share of difficulties with rainy weather and limited supplies needed, but made the most out of what we had and got a lot done. We also had the blessing of spending time with many we have known over the years and the opportunity to share life with them while we were here.
 
Grave site of Neven's mother

For instance, the loss of a great friend's mother while I was here allowed me to walk beside him and share prayers and hugs at one of his lowest times. It was a difficult time for Neven and his family, and having this time with him was a blessing for both of us. I was able to attend the funeral and then graveside service, as well as spend time with him the following day. Being able to hug his neck at the funeral and voice a prayer in his ear was a special thing for me and he appreciated greatly.

Vuk, our Jewish Atheist who now calls himself a Jewish Baptist
I wish I had the time, energy and words to fully describe my conversation with Vuk when he came to HiS House from his home in Serbia. As I mentioned in my last blog, I have described Vuk in the past as our biggest supporter who happens to be a Jewish Atheist. In one of our one-on-one conversations, I was able to ask Vuk how he was doing spiritually and where he felt God was in his life. He proceeded to tell me a conversation he had with a government official who came to his house to conduct an interview for the census. When the official asked him what religion he was, Vuk answered Baptist. The official said we don’t have that option and Vuk responded you should! I celebrate the addition of our new brother in Christ and look forward to seeing what God is going to do through him. I told Vuk to hold on because God was going to use him in amazing ways and he immediately looked directly into my eyes and said he felt the same way. What a blessing to have him as a dear friend.
Eldar drives 5+ hours to come visit from Bosnia to share is respect & friendship.
Eldar drove the 5 plus hours from Bosnia to come visit me. We spent the afternoon talking about life and his sharing his life and family life in his past. I was blessed beyond measure and was touched to my core in his willingness and trust to share his thoughts and past growing up in a Muslim home. Our friendship has grown over the past 4 years and this time together really brought us to a deeper level. He also gave me some great insight into my relationship with my oldest son Grant. I was moved to tears by his insight and am thankful that he took the time, money and energy to make this trip happen. After several hours, he turned around and headed back home. He had to work on Monday and so felt he needed to be back home to rest on Sunday. Thank you God for showing me friendships across lines of differences that often aren’t crossed.
Stefan and Arie, as well as his mom & dad.  Nice surprise for me!
Another huge blessing was to have Stefan and Arie drive up from Split to come and visit and spend some time at HiS House. We had a beautiful time on Friday night celebrating Super Mario’s birthday and then again on Saturday night when he came over and we had a chance to talk one on one and in prayer. They are doing well in their new position in Split on the coast as he teaches at the International School and she is tutoring students in Spanish. They both are working with the college students and spending time sharing life with them, while sharing Jesus. Stefan has been my Timothy for many years and pouring into him for over 15 years and watching him mature is special. I do miss him but see God using him in amazing ways.
Party for Super Mario.  It was a complete surprise for him!
Another visit I had was from Damir and Natasa from Karlovac. I have known Damir through baseball here in Croatia and recently have spent a lot of time with their family several times through visits together. What a great time of sharing and hearing how they are doing and what the league looks like moving forward. Damir has become a trusted friend and love spending time with him when I can. Living in Karlovac doesn’t make it easy, but am always encouraged when we have the opportunity.
Damir and Natasa visiting from Karlovac
We were blessed each morning by Kristina coming to the cafĂ© at HiS House and preparing breakfast for us. One thing we can guarantee you is that we don’t grow hungry!  We cherish the opportunity to hire locals to help them financially and the chance to encourage and develop a relationship with them. On the last day, Kristina brought her daughter, Paula, who prepared a Croatian favorite called palacenca which is similar to crepes. Come and join us on one of our future MiLO’s and see what I am talking about. You will not be disappointed.
Kristina and Paula, a blessing in the kitchen.
There is a lot more to share, but I don’t want to risk overloading you and losing your attention (if I haven’t already!) We lost our four Texans this morning to head back home.  When I returned home to HiS House after dropping them off, the house was quiet. Janko and I are the only ones left and the quiet becomes deafening! I cling to the times we had as a mission team every morning when we went through devotions and prayer before moving out to serve.
Texans are riding the wind back home to the Lone Star State.  Martina and Lordan took them out for one last dinner before jumping on the bird.
Devos every morning together followed by a great breakfast before going out to serve.
Take care and have a wonderful God filled day. Remember Jesus loves you and so do I!
HE DID IT!
David

Comments