2022 Summer MLO Blog 10

2022 Summer MLO Blog 10

Returned Home with a Head Full
I returned home last Friday morning at 3:30.  After many delays and some struggles, we made it back to Texas. Thankfully, we and our luggage all made it safely. I came back with a head full of memories, plans for the future, and unfortunately with a sinus infection as well, which turned into covid. On top of that, walked into a house with no AC in temps that have been hovering over 100. Needless to say, not the most comfortable of environments to get rest in, but I was Home and back in Baby Doll’s arms, or at least in the same house! Lol Trying not to get her sick we avoided direct contact, but to no avail, she became sick as well. However, we are praising God that we both are on the mend and never got sicker than a head and chest cold.  

As far as reflecting back on the summer’s MiLO, Mission Learning Opportunity, I can honestly say that my head and heart are full of memories, thankfulness and blessed beyond measure through the reconnecting of the many we have developed relationships with over the years; as well as the beginning of new relationships for the future and the plans for what God is developing there in Sisak, Croatia and across the Balkans. I haven’t fully had the opportunity to get quiet, sick free, before the Lord and decipher all that went on and will hopefully have that opportunity real soon, but in the meantime, I’d like to share what happened on those last couple of days in-country. One major event that occurred while we were there and had the wonderful opportunity to be a part of was The Balkan Bowl, American Football Super Bowl of the Balkan League. It was a tearful and heartfelt event that will take a lot of back story to help you fully grasp the enormity of the event, so when I have more time, I will be sharing that story with you. 

Let me start by saying that HiS Print could not accomplish what we do without the dedicated work of Martina and Lordan. These two have dedicated their time and hearts to our efforts there in Sisak and without them and their feet on the ground, we wouldn’t accomplish half of what we are able to do. They make all the arrangements with meetings, translate where needed, make connections when needed, all out of the love they have for our Heavenly Father and us! I am so blessed by their friendship and love.  The words I have cannot adequately describe those feelings of admiration and respect all of us at HiS Print have for them both. We are blessed beyond measure by their love! 

Me with Lordan and Martina

Another such relationship, is with Michael Johnston and his family. I affectionately call him Jellystone and while I was there, he and his family came down from Austria to visit me at HiS House for a few days. One year ago they moved to the mission field in Austria, and have watched God open doors for them to love people in so many different areas. They are with "Go Send Me Global" and have been helping out HiS Print during our spring MiLO’s at HiS House, when we have our coaches clinics. The Johnston family came in for some R&R and we had the chance to catch up and spend some time together. Great friends are hard to come by and seeing them always brightens my day! 

The Johnston family with me, Turtle (Brandon Hoyback) and Janko.
Two of the organizations we have been blessed to work with over the years are KOS, the horse ranch that works with handicap children and Top Step, the dance studio we have worked with to host and hold our dance camps over the years. Having the chance to visit both places and spend a little time with each allowed us to share with them our desire to keep our relationship going in the future. At Top Step, I was able to see the completed studio renovations that were funded by HiS Print financial support. We are also considering helping them with painting and doing some cosmetic repairs to the outside of the building! It could really use a makeover!  
One new relationship we were able to establish was with FOCUS, a Christian ministry through CRU that is headquartered in Zagreb. Domagoj, President of the FOCUS local ministry, came down to HiS House to meet with me one afternoon. We had a wonderful visit, exploring how we can work together in the future. I was able to show him and his wife around HiS House and to express our interest in hosting marriage seminars there and any other activities their staff would like to conduct. I look forward to expanding on this possibility and creating a ministry opportunity in Sisak for the young couples we know and love. Please be in prayer on how we can utilize HiS House to its maximum potential, with ministries like FOCUS and any others God brings across our path. 
FOCUS Zagreb Ministry President visiting at HiS House
With all that we have going on through HiS Print and the many community opportunities that God continues to place alongside us, we never forget about the Sisak Storks and The NEST. I was able to come to practice on the last night I was in country and it was such a blessing to see Coach Daniel. The friendship I have shared with this man for the past 16 years runs deep, and he continues to pour his heart and soul into the club. Next year will be 30 years since their first camp, put on by Athletes in Action. From that camp, Coach Daniel had the vision to start the Sisak Storks baseball club. He has watched players come and go and new ones join in, and his heart will always be with those players God brings to the team. I was able to see Iggy, one of our youngest campers 5 years ago. In fact, he had gotten so big I barely recognized him! The NEST will always be home and I look forward to hosting camp next summer and celebrating their 30 years of playing. 
Please continue to pray for these relationships to build and that we will continue to love people where they are and in such a way they will ask why! Although this mission was not filled with different programs and camps, it was filled with meetings and relationship building. I couldn’t see how much this visit meant to the people of Sisak, until I have had the time to sit back and reflect a little. I am sure I will have more and more reflection time and see all that God did in these short 3 weeks. I can’t wait to return to Welcome Porch and HiS House in November and with the Good Lord's blessing, I’ll have several people returning with me, ready to work on some construction projects! 
Welcome Porch at HiS House in Sisak, Croatia

HE DID IT! 

David 

Comments