2022 Summer MLO Blog 6

 

Summer MLO Blog 6

I don’t think I can adequately put into words what this MiLO has meant to me! The opportunity to reconnect with so many we had not seen in 3 years is priceless!  Add to that all the doors God opens to establish new relationships as a result of what HiS Print has built and having shown His love over the years... amazing!

Branka and me in Branka's home

Robert and I had the blessing of being accompanied by Lordan to go shop for supplies and make a delivery of food, fellowship and love for the Food Pantry. We went to the home of Branka who has become a dear friend of ours over the years and is house bound due to her medical condition. When we came into the room, she was smiling from ear to ear. As we sat down and visited, we began to shed tears together over her life story and the loss of one of her sons over the past year. The joy in her heart, even in her physical condition and despite her anguish over the loss of her son, was absolutely infectious. Her smile and love showed through with every word she spoke. We stayed for almost two hours and left with a promise to return. I am forever uplifted after my visits with Branka and my heart is touched deeply every visit.

Branka, Robert and me

Janko and I were able to have a morning together. I sure do miss those times and long to have more! He is such a dear friend and brother.

On this particular morning, Janko received some correspondence from an inmate in prison who is going through the Emmaus Bible course. The man is in prison for killing his wife and will be there for many more years. He looks forward to the homework assignments he gets through the Bible studies. Janko said he completes the assignments very quickly, but often wrong, so Janko has to correct the papers and have him redo it. The study is "One God, One Way" and it is an excellent opportunity for Janko to share His love in different ways, even in a prison. I know it is a lot of work for Janko to go through all the answers, but what a blessing it is to see God’s word and seeds being casted.

Janko's letter from the prison
One God - One Way study

On Wednesday night I had the honor, privilege and blessing of attending a Rotary dinner in Sisak with Lordan. He invited me and I had the opportunity to witness first-hand his musical talents playing the piano for the entertainment. I wish I would have taken a picture of him playing, but I got completely caught up in the moment and forgot. Take my word for it, he was fantastic and I was honored to be there. I saw several people I knew and have developed relationships with over the years. I was completely underdressed, but no one seem to notice except me. LOL

Rotary Dinner
Rotary President Milan
While I am here in Sisak the Croatian National team is off in Austria, playing for the European Championships. They will be there for a week.  Just outside their cabins, the team hung their Croatian and HiS Print flag. That was quite a surprise and blessing for them to do this, showing the other 11 European teams where they were from and who they support. That is remarkable to say the least. Also pictured in that collage is Leo, our local Stork hero who is on the team and Neven, one of our Stork coaches who is also one of the elected National coaches, taking a picture of Terry Lingenhol who is a missionary in Hungary. We have known Terry for years and have supported him with equipment.
Croatian National Team

The first team that the Croatians played was against Ukraine. In the picture below are those coaches who have been a part of our camps and coaches clinics since 2016. HiS PRINT also just gave the Ukranian team the funds necessary for them to buy equipment to take with them to the championships. Unfortunately, the Croatian and Ukranian teams met each other in the first round.  We are blessed to have helped both teams realize their dreams and help reach their goals and potential.

Ukrainian Coaches

I also had the opportunity to go to the city of Petrinja, the epicenter of the earthquakes. The devastation of the city center is immense and it was difficult to grasp it all. Most of the buildings you see in the picture below are around the city center and most of them were two story buildings that had historical value. They are trying to salvage as much as they can, but being very old and unstable it is very problematic.

In the center of picture you see a very modern looking structure. This a mall put together by shipping containers since the earthquakes last year. It has shopping, cafés, office space and is quite a remarkable place. All of this is made out of shipping containers. The people are making the most of what they have been dealt and are doing what they can with the little income they have. We have been blessed to help those we know in this area with funding and in November will look for ways we can help with our construction crew!

Earthquake aftermath in Petrinja
God has been good to us and I am thankful for His continued guidance and protection. I just heard from Robert - he and his luggage made it safely back to Houston. He was such a blessing and trooper. Robert served me by driving me to all the meetings and being my hands and feet in places I couldn’t. You get so much more accomplished with a team, than individually.

Blessings to each of you and remember Jesus loves you and so do I!

HE DID IT!
David

Comments