REFLEXTION MOMENTS

Over the past three days, as the MLO has slowed down considerably and most of our team of 38 have gone home, I have tried to sit back and look closely at all that has been accomplished. As I mentioned yesterday, however, I spent much of that reflection time doing laundry and working on The NEST. I'll say it again - this has really given me a deeper gratitude for our house mama and all her assistants! You can generate a whole lot of dirty clothes, towels, bedsheets, and you name it with 38 people coming and going. Not to mention all the dishes that need to be washed as well as the food that needs to be prepared. Truly, this ministry couldn’t be as effective as it is without all those hands and feet that are working behind the scenes. One thing this has taught me, as we call these missions trips, mission learning opportunities:  I sure could do a lot better job of cleaning around the house for my bride! It’s only taken me 13 years to discover that; I'm what you call a slow learner! 

It has been nice to be in Croatia while the national soccer team has been on the run in the World Cup. Finishing second in the world is quite an accomplishment, and it has been quite exciting seeing the country unite! A true David and Goliath story, with a slightly different outcome, but still proud of how well they did and the country is proud of them as well! 

Speaking of sports, Monday the 15U European Baseball Qualifier Tournament began here in Sisak, with the Storks hosting six countries:  Croatia, Poland, Slovania, Slovakia, Switzerland and Romania. It has been quite an honor to coach the Croatia national team as an assistant and although we lost our first game we are looking forward to what lies ahead. We lost to Slovakia and we look forward to playing Slovania in our next game. Working around the field and getting the pitchers mound & batters box prepared for game after game has brought back some great memories of my 18 years coaching baseball.  It's actually made me miss coaching. But I know God has me coach out the rest of my career, here somewhere in the Balkans. I enjoy it very much and love the opportunity to bring Christ’s love in the mix! 


A big "thank you" to each and every one of you for your prayers and support. Those prayers have been filled and answered in so many ways and we know we couldn’t do it without you. Take care, God bless and remember Jesus loves you and so do I!

David

Comments