BEEN ROUGH

Well, not winning is one thing but witnessing defeated attitudes and negative influences even before the outcome is decided has been the most difficult thing around me!

It has been an honor to have been selected to serve as one of the coaches of the Croatia National Team and I have been blessed to be a part of it. We have unfortunately not fared well, winning only one game and losing three, but listening and watching the coaches' attitudes and displays of negative-upon-negative comments and gestures has been disheartening.

I have been observing this type of coaching over here for years, but only in small doses. Witnessing it on a large scale (an international tournament with 6 national-level country teams, each team having three coaches) has been very difficult for me. I know our clinics have made a difference and my actions have spoken louder than others' words - several coaches told me so - but we have a long, long road to go! One of those coaches came up to me today and starting telling me what he has observed from HiS PRINT: that we have been loving and modeling Jesus, and that people take notice and want to get close to learn more and find out if it’s real. Please keep this in your prayers and pray that God will help us place influential people and coaches here to help change an environment of negativity & help change a culture one daily action at a time! I know this is a huge reason God has placed HiS PRINT here for these 13 years, but it’s time to make it more than just a bi-yearly MLO! 

Opportunity to pass on equipment from one, to another, to another and to another!  I got the opportunity to share what grace meant to this young catcher from the Croatia National Team.  He was overjoyed!

There have been some neat relationships built and deepened off the field that are cool to be a part of.  It's so fun to see God plant a seed here and there! I’ll share more of that when I write you next time!

Please pray for my family as well as me! I missed them deeply and hate being away from my bride this long! I long to be back in her presence!

God bless each of you and remember Jesus loves you and so do I!
David

Comments