Summer MLO Update

I realize it has been a few days since you last heard from me.  That has probably been a relief for many of you, as most of my updates have been short stories that take a while to read. But since I’m at the airport waiting for Coach Norman’s delayed plane, I have the time to report what has happened these past 3 days. I will try to reduce the words so this is not too lengthy, but to be honest the depth of my emotion cannot be contained in written words, and the words never seem to express the enormous movement of my heart! Thirteen years coming has not dampened my passion for this country and region nor has it dampened the love I have for the people! Thank you God, for this mission and the ministry of HiS PRINT and the continual opportunity to use our steps to leave your PRINT! 

I spent Tuesday and Wednesday working on the house and making preparations for the team's arrival! Heidi arrived on Tuesday, 5 others arrived on Wednesday, and 13 more are coming over the weekend. Janko and I worked together in several of the rooms putting up drapes and shades. I'm not sure we accomplished efficiency or quality in our work, but we sure did have fun arguing and joking with one another! 

Two of our Storks, David and Filip, made it on the 12U Little League National Team. They will be competing in the tournament in Bucharest, Hungary in July. This is very exciting for the HiS PRINT Team and the Storks and we wish them much success. 

I want you to take a look at this T-Shirt designed by Vuk from Serbia for one of our football camps. When he sent me the design the first time I loved it and only asked him to put an X in the place where the center is! Take a look at what he placed there instead! What a total blessing! I continually pray for him, his fiancé Daniela and his team the Wild Dogs. By the way, they won the Serbian National championship and are now a part of the first league! Congrats Vuk and the Wild Dogs!

The NEST has been receiving great rainy weather.  The new grass is starting to grow and existing grass is starting to poke through the dirt. Now we need sun and plenty of it! God has been so good and the hard work the Stork coaches and former players have put in has been remarkable! I start on the mound this weekend once the sun comes out. Pray my back holds up!
Green starting to show!  The rain was perfect timing, now we need sun!

Lastly, I asked Lordan to take me and Jamar over to PISAK, the entrepreneurial incubator here in Sisak. We have an entrepreneurial success center on the HBU campus and I would like to see the two work together in future endeavors, so I thought it would be a great idea for Jamar to see it in person! We had a great time and Lordan was a perfect guide as usual. 

God bless you all and remember Jesus loves you and so do I! 
David

Comments