Mission Learning Opportunity - Draws to a Close, Our Return Home!

Hello Folks,
Mission Learning Opportunity - Draws to a Close, Our Return Home! 

Texas, it feels good to be back in your arms! The embrace of Houston's humidity gives one a minute experience of God's loving arms wrapped around you! Thanks for your welcoming arms! It always feels good to be back home on Texas soil and back amongst family! Although it is always hard to say our goodbyes and portions of our hearts are strewn over much of Eastern Europe and the Balkans, we are excited to be back with our loved ones. Not sure how to really go about telling you how much this mission meant, the growth and outreach of the ministry, as well as the Godincidences that occurred on the flight home. I will try and adequately describe them in as good as detail as possible without taking too many pages to do so! 

First and foremost the overall growth of the camps and community service events went far and above all of our expectations. Every one saw growth in numbers as well as more and more openness to not  only hear the message of Christ's love, but to also listen to the truth within it! God opened so many doors of opportunity for us to share in more and more areas of outreach - I didn't do many of them justice in previous blogs in sharing all that went on.  Sis and the team that served tirelessly every single day at all the places were poetry in motion and those who stayed behind at HiS HOUSE daily to work and serve in any and every way, had more rhythm than the best jazz band you would pay good money to see! My heartfelt thanks and gratitude for them and all the coaches could never be expressed sufficiently, but know without them this ministry and learning opportunity would not have been successful in being HiS hands and feet! 

Our goodbyes with families and friends that are dear to us began last night and were completed this morning with prayer time, gathered around holding hands with Janko! That dear man, owner of HiS HOUSE, has such a heart of love and service and is missed by each of us, the minute we hop in the car and make the trek to the airport! Janko now has echoes of a house full of laughter, prayers, singing and sharing these past three weeks, that we pray will keep him company until our return. We checked in at the airport and departed on time in Zagreb and for our connecting flight in Munich.  What God planned out on this trip was truly a "God Thing" and gives me God Bumps every time I think about it. It started with check in at the Zagreb airport in Croatia with a family of four in line behind us who happen to live in Pearland and one of the children were at Sis's school. Then we get to the airport in Munich and I round a corner to line up for boarding and there stands Phil Rhodes, an ex employee and friend at HBU! I hadn't seen him for a couple of years so it was great to catch up with him. 

Then God gets really creative and through a series of seat changes I end up sitting between a father and son from Spring Branch. Here is how that all came about. There were 6 of our team flying back and we were kind of split up and not all sitting together.  It so happened that the family from Pearland were spread out as well. Each of them were in the middle isle middle seat with the dad sitting next to me by the window and his daughter sitting between Robert and CBass. I asked him if he and his daughter would like to sit together and with a happiness and smile that crept across her face I immediately knew the answer. So I asked Robert if he would trade seats with the dad. I moved to the window and Robert took my aisle seat. One problem solved but bear with me, we are only beginning the story! Lol. I noticed that the son was sitting several rows up and in the middle seat of the middle row of three seats. I asked the father if he would like to move him as well and he said that would be remarkable. So I asked CBass to come and take my seat so the son could sit next to his sister on the same row and I moved up to take his spot in the middle seat. I must admit I was not real keen on doing so because I love the aisle but knew this young son of 10 or 11 would feel more at ease sitting with his family. So I gathered my stuff and made the move and the family was so grateful! That was a blessing to provide but the reward God had in store for me was even more tremendous than I could have even begun to anticipate. The HiS PRINT team often tell each other to hang on to Jesus's robe and you never know where you will end up, but you can be assured of a ride that is memorable with a few twists and turns and unexpected swoops and dips! After the dust settled I ended up sitting between a gentleman named John and his teenage Aggie son Matthew. We immediately struck up a conversation about where were from and what brought us to Europe. When I told him about HiS PRINT he immediately asked me question after question and I ended up sharing how I got started, what HiS PRINT is all about and our vision for the future. When he asked me who were our major contributors for funding and I answered individuals, he couldn't believe it. He asked why I had never been in front of mission boards of churches and corporations who would be attracted to what we do! He then said he was a banker and member of Memorial Drive Presbyterian and asked for my card. He said he wanted to help me raise funds and awareness and felt the call to help lead in that charge, by not only making the contacts but putting the presentation together! 

God had a plan when He made this day and I am just happy to be on His team and hanging onto His Son's robe in the process! We have set up a time to get together for lunch to discuss this further and look forward to our working together to help HiS PRINT establish sustainable giving to keep up with God's expansion of the ministry! Thanks for your prayers through these past three weeks. Blessed to be a part of this ministry and appreciate you all being a part of it as well!


Have a wonderful God filled weekend!
Mossman

HE DID IT!

Comments