HiS PRINT Update September 22, 2013


Hey Folks,
Long time no talk to! Over a month ago my wife challenged me to write to all of you to keep you posted on what has been happening and what is about to occur in the near future and by the hand of God, in the distant future as well. Well, that was over a month ago and I never did it. First of all, I don’t want to ever burden any of you or seem like a pest when you see yet another update of blog on how things are going in Croatia and with HiS PRINT Ministries. My intentions are not to bother, pest or annoy you, but just to keep you updated with all that is going on with the ministry. Since on two separate occasions this past week, a person asked me why I didn’t send updates while I was here in the states, that I didn’t have to wait until I was over 6,000 miles away, to share so they could keep up! So here it goes. I won’t have the energy and you won’t have the time to read, if I were to put down every thing that has been going on since my last post on July 13th after our return from our 8th year on the Croatian mission trip. I will touch on the highlights and if something touches your heart and you would like further details do not hesitate to contact me.
Where do I start, a lot has happened and a lot is being planned for the next year. I think I will spread this out over the next couple of days so there isn’t so much to read at one time.
1-Started in full time ministry with The Gathering of Men/Houston and Director of HiS PRINT Ministries. Excited to be taking the path God has paved for me and having my wife equally yoked with me is the true blessing. Could not and would not do it without her full consent and dedication behind it. She is my earthly rock God has placed in my life for stability! Had my first Gathering lunch on the HBU campus this past Tuesday and had over 40 men come and take part in the event. Great support from the HBU family of faculty, staff and coaches. Head football coach Vic Shealy, took 12 men who were interested in a tour of the new football field and facilities.
2-Had to close the doors of Texas Baseball Academy this month! Hard realization that hit me about two weeks ago, but even harder once I started to take the batting cages down. The academy has been a part of my life since 1999 when I partnered with Mark Machalec and has been in operation in that building since 1991. Over 20 years of serving the baseball community in Houston and surrounding areas. It is sad to see it go. God has bigger plans and with the baseball ministry growing bigger and bigger, at least my hand will still be in the sport I love!
Thanks to all of you for the support you have shown me and my family in so many ways! You are and have been a true blessing to us and look forward to your support in the future as we tread new roads God has intended for HiS PRINT to take. Have a wonderful God filled day!
David

Comments