Croatia 2013 - Day 17 Polish Serbian Style

Hello Folks and appreciate your care and prayers for my time in Poland!

Incredible experience and one I will forever remember and reflect on for many years! To see God’s handiwork and bringing all this together is a privilege to be a part of. I made it back to my second home here in Croatia late last night at 11:30 and after getting a shower, a great meal of leftovers and a great nights sleep I want to try and remember all that happened yesterday on my last day in Poland with Coach Robert and his daughter, Kornelia!

Only have met Coach Robert last year here in Sisak at the European Baseball Tournament and only spending time with him in short spurts while with other people, I was not sure how our time together would work out. But if you ever have had the experience of seeing a long lost uncle or cousin for the first time in many, many years, that is the feeling I have for my new family in Poland! They made me feel right at home and Kornelia actually called me uncle and her hugs and kisses are from a daughter I never had the privilege to have! I want to share an email from Robert that I got when back to our house in Croatia. Here is that email that I think will share with you exactly what Robert and I felt toward one another.

David,
Sad... to be honest we felt sad when leaving the airport behind us. Kornelia said she was sad because of your departure. I felt similar. I felt as if I knew you for a long time and saw you as a relative or folk. She told me she liked when you were with us and would like you to come back with the camp.

Your visit although it was short it will stay in our memories for ever. For another time I felt as if a piece of myself was going somewhere. I feel it when I have a contact with somebody from the States or do sth in connection with. From the early childhood I fell in love with the USA and it is still inside my heart. I love everything what is American. 

I was at the hospital at 6PM and stayed there for a short time. Tony was smiling a lot so he is feeling much better. Tomorrow we should know more about when they are to come back home. Monika said Tony smiled a lot especially to the nurses. 

Happy...to have met you. We were happy to have you as our guest in our home. Thank you for the nice conversations about GOD, your religion and life. I hope you liked our Polish food at least a bit. I believe you liked our short trips. I wanted to show you at least a piece of Polish culture and the country. 
Did you manage to get general idea of Polish people? Hope so. 
Thank you for the souvenirs and the books.

Write back and say did your family liked the ketchup, gingerbread, Say hello to your family and to the States. Say I am going to visit it in time.

Don't forget to say hello to the friends in Croatia.
Take care 
Robert

 
I was touched by this family of peace and my discussions about God and my relationship with Christ was incredible and every time we had Robert would ask questions about my faith. He was eager to listen and anxious to learn. He is a wonderful man of peace and I look forward to going back next year to conduct the baseball camps. I could go on and on about the visit to the different cities and the great times we had walking the WWII museum and the streets of Gdansk but it would just make each of you want to come with us next year. That would be my intention so when you have time you will need to visit the HiS PRINT website and see all the wonderful sights and sounds of Poland! Thanks to our loving Heavenly Father for creating this window of opportunity and look forward to serving Him there.

The other group went to Serbia to meet up with a friend and fellow Christian brother there. They met up in Belgrade and had a wonderful time of encouraging Danny! He is Serbian and loves the Lord and is ministry full time. He would love for us to come and do a camp there as well so looks like Brandon will be making a scouting trip sometime soon to find out the situation and develop a plan for this to occur in the near future. God is definitely in control and we will go where he leads us to allow our step to leave HiS PRINT, by loving the people where they are and till they ask Why!

Have a wonderful God filled day!

Blessings
David

Comments