Croatia 2013 - Day 12


Hello Folks,

The energy level is not at its highest and I am trying to catch up on some much needed rest. Shannon dropped me off at the airport around noon after we spent the morning and my flight to Split is not until 2:30 but excited to go. I will write more once the day is over and I am back in Sisak. Whirlwind trip to Split and back but it was worth every minute of the 18 hours I was there!

This morning we went back to the SOS Orphanage and Marde spoke on Texas Weather and NASA and the kids loved it. We stayed and broke up into groups and played with the kids at different things. Stefan, Robert and Dalton went and played soccer with a group. Rachel went and danced with a group of young girls and they had a ball with her learning new steps. Shannon and I played with some kids with footballs and sidewalk chalk and Heidi, Marde and Erin spent time with some of the younger boys and girls. It was incredible to witness the different activities going on and us just having the opportunity to love on these children.

The flight to and from Split was great and to see the excitement on the faces of the Sea Wolves was a blessing. The practice went great and I gave the prayer before and the devotion and prayer afterward. It was a great time and they all listened to me sharing the gospel. We are praying for more and more open hearts receptive to receive God’s truth. After the camp we went into old town and had dinner at the only sponsor the Sea Wolves have. It was incredible to devour two sandwiches over a yard long as well as a pizza that was over a yard long. I would have taken pictures of it but my eyes were as big as earth and I forgot.  We did have several football players with us to help us eat it all. Afterward I went to the owner and offered to pay and he would not let me. He was thankful for us being there to provide the help with the football camp and this was his way of saying thank you. Got up early and Brandon took Katie and I to the airport so we could be home in time to help with the orphanage and library programs. Katie takes such great video and pictures we wanted her to help us document more of the trip. She is such a trooper! Her husband Jason, Mike and Brandon will stay in Split until tomorrow and then return to Sisak.

The library program in the afternoon went great and there were many kids who came back and some new faces who came. Dalton went and had practice with the Storks as this is his last night here in Croatia! Hard saying goodbye to the mission team members as they leave to go back home and even harder for the Storks to say their goodbyes.

Keep praying for us as we go to use our steps to leave HiS PRINT, wherever we go and with whoever we meet!

Have a wonderful God filled day!
David

Comments