Croatia Mission 2013 - Day 3


Well folks,
I appreciate the prayers for Mike and the kind thoughts and words that were sent back to me. I am forwarding those along to his friend because I know it will encourage him to know his friend is being lifted up! So if more of you would like to say something I will make sure he gets it!

Rachel got her luggage today and that was a huge blessing for all of us but especially for her since she has been wearing a baseball jersey around the last few days! Thanks for the prayers there as well!

Today was a great day of church services, relaxing and team building! We got up had devotions and then headed to church at Moscenica. It was a wonderful service with our Christian brothers and sisters. They asked me to get up and talk about what we were doing on this years trip and it was great to share with them. After the service, the Pastor came up and asked me if I would preach next Sunday. I was excited and honored to be asked and am going to try and arrange it so that I can. We have a large group of football coaches coming in and I wanted to meet with them and pray before they headed straight from the airport to Split, on the coast where the football camp will be held. I am torn on what to do so would appreciate all your prayers, asking for God's guidance in what to do!

After Church, Janko took the whole mission team out for dinner. He wanted to celebrate my birthday today and that was his gift to me. Hard to believe for the past 6 years I have been here in Croatia, away from my family, on June 23 my birthday! That is another sacrifice my family has made for me and cannot appreciate them more for all they do and the sacrifices they make. The Storks and people of Croatia always make my birthday special and for that I am indeed grateful, but not being with my wife and boys during this time is tough! I did realize however that since I have been coming here during my birthday, that my actual birthday lasts for 38 hours! Does that mean I am older or younger, not sure but it is kind of neat to hear the Storks wish me happy birthday at midnight here, which is 5 back home and then still get Facebook messages for birthday congratulations till midnight back home which is 7 in the morning here! Pretty special!

After lunch which was so big it felt like Thanksgiving dinner, we had to go for ice cream of course! 
We came home and spent the afternoon going through last years shipment that was still in the garage waiting for us to inventory. Most of you know that last year we sent a shipment over here that took off from Houston at the end of March and arrived here in Sisak on July the 9th, two days before we were leaving. Needless to say none of it was used last year and we are getting it ready to use this coming year!

At 7 I took several of the mission team members for Sunday night services at Betel Baptist church and again we had a great worship time and was asked to come and share about the mission trip! God blessed us richly today and it is neat to see the team gel like it is! 
Tomorrow we start practices with the Cadets here in Sisak and then head to Zagreb for the camp up there with the Bears! Keep us in your prayers and thanks to you all for your support! We couldn't do this without knowing we had many back home lifting us up!!

David

Comments