July 11 Update from Sisak

Wednesday, July 11
Sisak, Croatia

Today was an awesome day! We got everything done that we needed to accomplish. It started to rain this morning but after breakfast the sun came out and there wasn't a cloud in the sky! Praise God for HIS mercy. Heidi and Grant got the dugout painting done while Erin and I painted the seats in the locker room. I just want to say again what a joy it is to work side by side with my daughter and serving the Lord together is a blessing! It is very hot here so we took a long lunch then of course, had ice cream on the way back to the field. Heidi and Grant are hard workers and I enjoy spending time with them. 

We had "hot dogs" for lunch with American style buns. They were not like any hot dog buns we have ever had but they were good and we are thankful to Janko for eating lunch with us everyday. It is so neat to spend time with him. He has a great sense of humor and he is a lot of fun to be around! It is a blessing to be able to stay here in Janko's house and he greets me every morning with a huge bear hug!

The shipment is due to leave Slovenia by the end of this week. It should be in Zagreb on Monday. We are really praying that we can get it to Janko's before we leave on July 22. There is a lot of sorting to be done and we would love to get all the supplies to where it needs to be. Please keep that in your prayers.

I am just really amazed that God has allowed me to be a part of this ministry. I fall more in love with this country everyday and the people are amazing! I am forever grateful that God has given me a heart for missions. There are hearts softening all around us and we know that God is at work here. I pray that the Lord would continue to use us all for HIS glory. We have 11 more days here and I can already feel a little sadness in my heart at the thought of leaving here. It will be hard to leave Barbara as we have become good friends.

Grant, Heidi, Erin, Manuela and I will be traveling tomorrow to Sukosan, that is near Zadar. Please pray for traveling safety as well as good rest and a great time of fellowship. We are all looking froward to spending time with Manuela. I will post pictures and blog when I can.

Thanks for your support and prayers. You are here with us in our hearts. Without you, none of this would be possible! Thanks to Debbie Page for keeping up with the blogs and pictures! It's awesome!

Love the Sisak crew,
Heidi, Grant, Erin and Shannon

Comments