June 27 thoughts from Shannon

Thoughts from Shannon.... SOS Village Texas Carnival

Today was an amazing day.  We went to the SOS Village to have a Texas Carnival.  We had five games set up with all of us girls, David, and 2 of the Storks to run the Carnival.  When the kids started coming over and playing the games, they had smiles from ear to ear!  I could see kids in the distance running to the field to see what was going on.  

About 50 kids came to play the games, and they stayed around for the whole time - playing the same five games over and over!  They seemed as happy on the fifth time as they were on the first.

For me personally, I had to keep choking back tears as I thought about how God has answered my prayers regarding the SOS Village.  Last year at this time we were not able to do what we did today.  Now we were able to glorify Him by playing games at this orphanage. 

I think about how nervous I was in January - flying here by myself, hoping to get a chance to do something with these kids.  God has answered our prayers!
 
 

Comments