THIS IS THE DAY THE LORD HAS MADE, LET US REJOICE AND BE GLAD IN IT!



I have come to know and understand through my maturing as a Christ follower that the Lord makes everyday, and no matter the circumstances that surround or occur on that day I am still to rejoice and be glad in it! I remember growing up how excited I would be as my birthday approached! My day! The day everyone celebrated my being born and of course the gifts that came along with it! One of the biggest aids in my maturing and realizing this life is not about me, has been the fact that I have celebrated my birthday, June 23rd over here in Croatia, away from my family for the past 10 of the 12 years we have been coming. Don't get me wrong, the mission team and our friends here in Croatia celebrate my birthday in awesome ways, but it's not quite the same without my bride and sons alongside me! However, that has helped me also realize that everyday is my birthday! Everyday is a new day that my Daddy God chose to give me breath in my lungs and and a song in my heart! It's my choice whether it is a new song and what I am going to do with the day He set before me! So to that, let me say Happy Birthday to you all! 

HE DID IT! For Us!
Let's Do IT! For Him to others!

Just a quick note! I have been telling you all about the good things that are happening with football, let me tell you a neat thing that is happening with baseball outside of the camps and practices with the Storks! Michael Johnstone of Go Send Me Global and I have been brainstorming (not easy for baseball coaches!) on how we can reach The Balkans for Christ through baseball training. I have reached out to Hugh Poland, author of Intentional Walk Baseball Devotional and asked him if he would join us in making some devotional talks to have available on our HiS PRINT website to help us train coaches and reach The Balkan Baseball World (BBW)! Kinda has a ring to it! Hugh was excited and agreed to be a part of the project so I will be meeting with him once I return back to Houston. These devotions would accompany short videos on the skills in baseball. Plans are in the making and we will see how God orchestrates it all!

More of the team has arrived and we are rejoicing in what the Lord has in store! Practice with the Storks has been amazing and the plans for all the ministry areas are falling into place! Starting next week we really get after it:

Baseball Camp
Library Program
Read to Me
Handicap Facility
Dance Camp
Texas Carnival!

This is a day the Lord has made, let us all rejoice and be glad in it! Let's go out and love them where they are and live them till they ask why!

Mossman
It doesn't get any better than this! Time with the Lord at HiS HOUSE!!


Life of a coach with the young Storks.  Gotta' be willing to stop and tie a shoe!

Comments