Let's Do IT!

Boom! Or should I say BAM! Not in the sense of "Bam, drop the mic!" But: Bam, that just hit home in a new and meaningful way!" If you have never ventured into Oswald Chambers, "My Utmost for His Highest," may I suggest you find the time and effort to do so! There are very few days when God doesn't use him to bring a two by four across my noggin or press in on my obedience.  Well, today was no different.

I will share a couple of nuggets from the devotion so that I can share the strike with others! The passage of scripture was from John 15:13 and 15. Those verses scream Let’s Do IT, one of our many sayings with HiS PRINT. In a nut shell they say: “No greater love has no man that this, that a man lay down his life for his friends……I have called you friends.”

Jesus does not ask you and me to die for Him. No No No; He asks us to lay down our lives for Him. In fact it is easier to die than to lay down your life day in and day out with the sense of high calling. If I am friend of Jesus, I have to deliberately and carefully lay down my life for Him. Salvation is easy, because it cost God so much and Jesus paid the ultimate price, but the manifestation of the life of Christ in my life is difficult. God saves us, then gifts us with the Holy Spirit, and then says basically, “Work it out by being loyal to me.” Let’s Do IT! Jesus said, “I have called you friend.” Let’s be loyal to our Friend and remember that His honor is at stake in our lives!

I just returned from visiting Viki and some of the coaches and administrators of the Ljubljana Mustangs football club. We came last year to do a camp for them and wanted to follow up and visit them in Slovenia. What a terrific and blessed trip it was. 


The trip was worth it immediately when I arrived and found this note waiting for me: 

The note is from Viki.  I am blessed to see her turning to the Lord. I stayed the night and then headed back to HiS HOUSE to prepare for the team who begins arriving this coming week.

I have some great news concerning the shipping of the equipment and news about a small committee I have set up to help with distribution of the football equipment, but will cover that in a later blog so this one stays only at the length of a small autobiography and not a close relative of War and Peace! 

Thanks for all your support and your prayers are appreciated. Remember Jesus loves you and so do I!

HE DID IT! So Let’s Do IT!
Mossman


Comments