Croatia 2012 - Day 13

Hello Folks,
 
We serve an awesome God and it is through HiS power, strength and love we are able to do immeasurably more than we could ever think of imagine! Day 13 and blessed to be used to leave HiS PRINT down the path he leads us! Today was another incredible day of serving Him and sharing Christ through our opportunities to love on the kids in Croatia. To see the smiles on these young people’s faces when we come and share and play with them warms the heart to its deepest core.
 
First I want to say a few "thank you"s to some people who deserve it. Thanks to you all who are reading this and taking the time out of your busy schedules to read about what is going on and to keep us in your prayers. Without those prayers we would not be able to accomplish what we have done. Without your support of finances, equipment and supplies we would not be able to touch the hearts we have been able to as a result of your generosity! Thanks so much for your love and dedication to being God’s servant in that way. Secondly a huge thank you goes out to Shannon! She is the backbone of this ministry. She takes care of the nitty grity as well as organizes so much of everything. I am blessed to have her here and to be willing to serve and show God’s love in the ways she does. She keeps us moving and please keep her in your prayers as well, especially as she ministers to Barbara and through their friendship that Barbara would find the Lord. Thirdly, for each and every team member that is here and that has come in the past. We have brought over a 100 people to Croatia over the past 8 years and many who have come 4, 5, 6 times. They are the hands of feet of Christ that make this ministry tick. They are willing, ready and able to do what ever needs to be done. I appreciate each and every one of them and don’t tell them enough how important they are. It is such a blessing to see God use each in different ways and to reach specific people! One person could not accomplish what many have been able to do.
 
I will try and be short on what all happened today, but need to keep you filled in and what to share a story of what happened to me today at the Orphanage. We have the football camp going on in Split still and they will head back to Sisak on Thursday. Continue to pray for them and how they are used to share Christ’s love through football camps and the relationships built. We did the Orphanage and Library programs again today and Robert did the talk on camping and our activity was making and EATING s’mores! It was a great time and Robert did a sensational job especially coming out of his box and speaking in front of the crowd. He is always willing to serve and his heart is a big as anyone’s when it comes to doing whatever needs to be done, but this was a huge step in getting him out in front of the people.
 
In the afternoon, Shannon took the girls swimming at the Kupa and that was a much needed time of fun and relaxation. Robert and I worked in the garage doing some inventory and I was packing for Poland. I am taking them some much needed baseball equipment! In the evening I went to Johnny’s home to visit with his parents and have dinner with them. I have been invited to their home for the past 5 years and it is always a blessing to spend the time with them and Johnny. I love them very much!
 
Now for my story I told you I wanted to share with you. At the orphanage I was coloring with one of the little girls after the presentation and although she could not speak English we were communicating through coloring. She was sweet and helpful in getting my coloring skills back after so many years of being dormant.
Then along came Valentino who sat down next to me with a box full of colors and some blank sheets of paper. I reached over to him and asked him if I could have a sheet of paper and he quickly gave me one. I wrote HiS on it and then asked if I could have his hand to trace the outline on the paper. As I was finishing up drawing the cross in the middle of his hand print to form a sign that read HiS PRINT, I looked over and he was drawing a sign that said Hello God! Incredible to see our communication work through drawing and coloring these pictures. Then he drew me a picture that completely blew my mind! He drew a cross with John 3:16 across the beam and then in big letters across the top he wrote: HE DID IT! And below he wrote We Can Do IT! I just looked at him and saw his huge smile on his face. I was wondering how he knew how to write this because none of us in the room had this shirt on. It is our mission shirt from last year. Then I remembered that Robert had given the talk today and he had that shirt on. Valentino had drawn and written that from his memory! He gave me both and I gave him mine and I asked him to sign mine for me! He did and now I have new art for my office!
 
Have a wonderful God filled day! By the way, we also had Storks and Cadet practice as well and it was neat to see 14 Cadets there! New blood to keep the Storks alive for generations to come!
David
 
p.s. Happy 4th of July! We have often times forgotten to celebrate the 4th because for the past 6 years we have been here on a mission trip and busy doing other things, but tonight we have been told we will attend a party at Neven and Mia's house with the rest of the Storks to celebrate the 4th of July! I am looking forward to this time with our friends and it is touching that they would remember our nations holiday and be willing to celebrate with us!
Blessings to all!
David
 

Comments