Relationships Deepen - Miracles Happen

The past three days have been filled with work on the NEST as well as doing laundry around HiS HOUSE. This have given me much more respect for all the house mamas that are needed to make a Mission Learning Opportunity a success! Thanks to each one of the team members who all pitched in to make it happen. Hanging laundry on the line is not one of my favorite things to do, but I am in good practice now and have a new appreciation for dryers! 

Baseball update:  I can honestly say I have witnessed a miracle happen on The NEST! Many of you have been praying for the grass to grow in order for us to host the 15U European Baseball Qualifier Championships! In the pictures below you will see what God did through rain at the right times, temperature drops to a tolerable level, the perfect amount of sunshine, and hard work and dedication of the Storks administration and coaches.  You will see for yourself the drastic change in 21 days!! God loves baseball, especially when it is played on a Field of Faith! It brings tears to my eyes to recall what I have witnessed!  The tournament will start here on Monday!
July 14

HE DID IT!  Indeed HE DID!!

While working on the baseball field I was blessed to spend time with Neven (another of the original Storks) and to develop a deeper relationship with him. We worked on the mound, home plate, and around each base getting ready for the tournament to begin. He thanked me several times for the many years we have come  and for the support we have given to not only the Storks but also to the people of his city and country. I love that guy and have appreciated him more and more every year. He is a true brother in Christ! 

Neven and me working on Home Plate and the mound.

During this slow time of the mission trip, I was also able to visit Applied Ceramics and the Entrepreneurial Incubator. I was absolutely floored and blessed when I greeted Milan, Director of Applied Ceramics.  When I stuck out my hand to greet him, Milan threw open his arms and hugged me right in front of his colleagues. I’m a hugger, as most of you know, but I did not want to cause him any uncomfortableness. What a blessing! 

Me & Milan at Applied Ceramics


Lastly I would love to share a precious moment I had with Elvis, one of our original 2006 Storks campers. He came into my room asking if I would pray for a job opportunity and situation in his life. Before we began praying he looked at me and called me dad! I don’t think I need to say much more than that! What a beautiful and heart-touching moment of a relationship deepening to the most precious earthly level! 
My son Elvis!

HE DID IT! Let’s Do IT! With everyone around us! Whether 6,000 miles or 6 feet away! 

Remember Jesus loves you and so do I! 

David

Comments