IT ALL BECOMES CLEARER

Just like a fog lifting over the land in the cool of the morning when the heat of the sun rises, so does the fog of one's life lift as the warmth of the Son rises, if you stay vertically focused! Relationships! Watching those grow and deepen are undoubtedly why we are here! I have observed God's hand while walking out His plan time and time again! God has us right where He wants us and although I question why 6,000 miles away, I never doubt His purpose which is revealed in His timing! 

Walking the streets the other day, I heard my name shouted from in a cafe and out came Miro, a government official I met several years ago! He came and gave me a big hug and asked for my number so that we could get together for coffee! A brief history:  Miro is the government official who was chosen (reluctantly) a few years back to help HiS PRINT when we first moved the Texas Carnival from the baseball field to downtown Sisak. As he walked us around checking on everything for the carnival, I asked him for a history lesson of the city.  He agreed and gave me a wonderful walking tour of Sisak! When we finished our walk he turned to me and said, “You actually love our city as much as we do!” I assured him that I did and that Sisak was like home to us! I look forward to sharing with him and deepening our relationship when we go for coffee next week. 

Thursday night as I was walking to my car following the game and field prep, I saw Milan (Director of Applied Ceramics) and his family. They were at the soccer field next to the baseball field running and playing with their kids. After receiving a hug we spent a few moments talking about getting together for dinner before I leave! His wife gave me a big wave from across the field. I look forward to deepening relationships with them in the future! I have only met Milan's wife briefly at the carnival but her reception, as well as his, shows me a family of peace where God is working! 

Friday we fought hard again but lost to the team from Switzerland. That’s back-to-back hard fought loses, the other was against Poland in extra innings! As a team we didn’t fare well overall, going 1-4, but I did feel I had a chance to be a positive influence on the players and coaches.  I am thankful for the time spent with our head coach Ozzy and assistant coach Dino. Ozzy has a huge heart and really does have a desire to develop young kids. Although at times it was very frustrating, a lot of that is my fault and relates to a lack of communication and my not understanding the language. These past two games were so much better and the atmosphere around our team was much more enjoyable and positive. I may never be asked to be a National coach again, but I will cherish the time I had this year and pray to use it to help further positive coaching on and off the field. 
This is Damir from the Croatia North Little League. He is a great friend who came to
Sisak from Karlovac to see the games and say thank you for HiS PRINT's help! Great blessing!

Saturday is the European Championship Game with Poland playing against Slovakia. It will be a great game and I look forward to enjoying it from the stands! Blessings to each of you and thanks for following our small, but impactful ministry so many thousands of miles away! 

HE DID IT!
David

Comments