Day 2 - Unpack and Unwind

Hello Folks,

Day 2 has been a very productive day and with so much of the team that is here being first time visitors to Croatia and HiS PRINT, Sis took the group to Zagreb to visit the history and culture of this beautiful capital city! That left 3 of us behind to try and put a dent into organizing that 12,350 pounds of equipment and go shopping for some bunk beds and a new refrigerator. It just so happened that when Janko and I went to town to buy we picked one of the biggest shopping deal days of the year! We both had no idea, but God did and what would have normally cost us close to $2,500 dollars, we got for less than half that! Nice big refrigerator and two sets of bunk beds to increase our capacity both in food and occupants. Excited about the first and thrilled at the later and blessed by both!

Got a few of the boxes from shipment unloaded and combined some of the boxes so we have more room to maneuver and get to some of the crafts we need sooner rather than later. It was neat to work with those here and blessed to see how much we accomplished. The rest of the team that went to Zagreb returned in the afternoon after a great visit and time getting to know one another and knitted together as a mission team. Sis always does an awesome job in showing them the sights, hitting many of the cultural highlights, share a little history and share in the life of Zagreb at the city open market! We feel it is important for all who participate in our MLO's (Mission Learning Opportunities) should go so they can learn about the culture of Croatia and the history behind them.

This evening we got a really good rain shower and had to stop our working on the equipment sorting and sat around outside under the new porch listening to it rain. We ate and several of the Storks baseball club visited and it was a pleasure sharing and talking with them. It always touches my heart deeply when they take the time to come and say hello, meet the new people and reconnect with those who have been in the past! Staying up a little later than usual to put the finishing touches on my sermon that I am preaching at Moscenica Baptist Church. Could use your prayers, that God will prepare me \and use the words He has chosen for me to speak. I have to admit I am really tired and the words seem to bunch together in my head. Now that I think about it, that may be what is happening right now with this email update. My eyes start to close and before you know it, I look up and my page is filled with t's. Have to shake my head and keep pressing on. The second day is usually the hardest for me in dealing with jet lag. Also be praying for the others who are coming from other countries. They will start arriving tomorrow and we will have more coming from America as well!

Thanks again for all your support and appreciate the prayers.
HE DID IT!
David

Comments