Croatia Mission 2014 Day 2 Part I

Wow what a day! Much of the group went to Zagreb, the capital of Croatia to take in some sights and culture! I feel it is important for those who come on a misson trip with HiS PRINT should have the opportunity to learn about the country and the people they are going to be sharing and serving. They all had a great time and our newbies, the Baker family, really had a great time and experience. Their two boys are energizer bunnies and keep us all hopping and in good humor! They are such a joy to have around.

While that group was in Zagreb, the rest of us went downtown to the outdoot market to a sport demonstration by the Storks! This was done as an advertisement to the camp, inviting all the children we saw to the camp next week. We will see if some of them may come, but even if not, it was a pleasure to watch these boys demonstrate some hitting drills and fielding skills. 















After that we returned back Janko's and spent some down time before practice later in the evening with the team.


At 6:00 we headed to The NEST and had practice with the cadets and the Storks. It was a great time but in many ways very frustrating. Very few of the older players worked with the younger guys or gave them words of encouragement! It was difficult to swallow seeing the lack of leadership and will make it a point to discuss with the older players! If they fail to nurture the younger players they will eventually not have any players to carry on the name of the Storks and the honor it is to be a part of them.

Lastly, before I head off to bed, since my eyes are going shut on every other word, I would like to ask for your prayers for me. I  was asked by the church in Moscenica to preach and although I am extremely excited about this and am honored by having this wonderful chance, I am still very nervous in preparing what God would like for me to say! I have not had a lot of time to prepare and since they asked only a couple of days ago, I am going, trusting on the Lord for every word He would have me say! I appreciate the prayers and since the time will be 3 in the morning for you all back in the states, lift me up before you head off to bed!

Blessings and have a wonderful God filled day!



David

Comments