Croatia 2013 - Polish Style Day 2

Hello Folks and thanks for all the prayers for my family. Those prayers have definitely lifted me up as well as my mom and dad.

Well today went above and beyond my expectations and you would think that I would not be surprised since i know God is in control and His hand continues to lead me through incredible experiences. What a busy day and the non stop pace started early and didn't quite until about a half hour ago with dinner. Since Robert's son Tony is in the hospital and his wife is staying with him, he wanted to cook and we had a great dinner of chicken and onions and a wonderful Polish bread with mushrooms, butter and cheese. It was awesome and the fresh mushrooms from the forest did the trick! By the way \i have a new best friend. It is Coach Robert's daughter, Kornelia! She just came and gave me a big hug and laid her head on my shoulder while I was on Skype with Debbie. Blessed by this home and when Robert asked tonight if he could pray, that it was his turn, I just about cried. It was an incredible experience to witness and be a part of. \he had just spent the last 45 minutes asking me about my faith and religion and sharing with him that my identity with God was in my relationship with Christ and his love for me! He listened intently and asked some really great questions and seemed to comprehend it all and actually made claim that is what he believed as well. Praise God for bringing us together last year in Sisak at the European Championships and making this all possible!

The meeting with the board of directors of the city club went very well and they were all in favor of us coming to do the camp next summer. Actually they wanted to have one right now so we went to the field and had 15 players there and we warmed up and i pitched some batting practice and we played a little game. They were all so happy and the mom's stayed for the entire practice and Coach Robert asked if it would be okay if they came out and hit off the tee and ran the bases. We asked them and they all did it! They had a ball and the players loved having their mom's take part. After the practice some of the older players were around and they asked if \i would throw some batting practice to them and of course I couldn't say no. It was great and then to bring out the new equipment I brought to them was neat to witness. Their eyes got as big as earth and they were so thankful. After the practice the parents all gave Coach Robert the okay for hosting a camp next year so it looks like HiS PRINT is following a new pathway!

After the practice we drove to Torun, where Nicolas Copernicus was born and walked the old city. It was really neat and with many of the structures dating back to 1530 and before it was incredible to see. We spent the afternoon sightseeing and Coach Robert showing me all the sights and then we headed to the hospital so I could meet his 10 month old son Tony and his wife Monica. It was great to meet them and Tony is doing much better. He should be coming home on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Just got finished reading some passages in the Bible with Robert. He wanted to read the verse from our bracelets, 1 John 3:16 because he wanted to know what it meant by saying, Our steps, HiS PRINT. Then he wanted to read Ephesians 2:8, 9 because I had mentioned it earlier today. He was so happy to read this and when I gave him the FCA Sports New Testament he was overjoyed. God is doing a mighty work in his heart and he said that he thinks the camp next year will shake this city! Our God is an awesome God!

Blessings to you all and hope you can read this okay as I am still fighting this Polish keyboard and have to retype many times before getting it right and have not proofed it very well.
Remember Jesus loves you and so do I!
David

Comments