Croatia 2013 - Day 15 Poland Style!

Hello Folks from Poland!

I am in a small village about 120 kilometers south of Gdansk. Flew in last night and had a restful night sleep. i am typing from a Poland computer and the keyboard is somewhat different from English and Croatian. i want to send you what i wrote while traveling yesterday and the reflections of the mission trip thus far.\I had about 3 hours to kill in the Zagreb airport and spent the time taking a small nap and then jounaling. I went out on the deck up stairs and found a couch in the shade and took a little nap. It was about 82 degrees with a very cool breeze. Quite pleasant and will miss that when i return to Houston. Mike and Rachel just went to their gate to head home and we said our goodbyes. Found out they made it home safely!

Just sitting and enjoying the down time is very enjoyable and I realized how much on the go we have been this year going to all the places. It has been nice not going to the hardware stores to get building supplies like last year and the time has been spent with people. This year's trip has had its many highlights, but the time at the SOS \orphanage coloring with Valentino tops them all. That time with him and coloring for each other just reminded me that God can use any thing to reach hearts and that his hand is in it all.

As I fly to Poland the team heads to the library and then to the Gypsy village. This morning Jason talked about football and Stefan talked about baseball and we were all involved in the demonstrations. We had many more kids and the time was terrific. We spent the time afterward playing football and then baseball. \I spent the time teaching Carlo how to play his new harmonica. I actually had brought one of mine with me so we had a good time together. I just heard from Shannon that the Gypsy village was not good today. That the children and people really charged the cars and tried to take personal things. Nothing was stolen and it makes it more important that I find the man in charge so that when we come back next year with clothes or other donated items that they will find a way to hand out and we will just be there to speak of Christ's love.
 



When I arrived at the airport Robert was there and immediately gave me a hug and his daughter had a huge smile. \i was like an uncle she had not seen in awhile. We went to the car and Robert had to go pay for parking but he left his daughter, Kornelia, with me. This told me he felt safe with me and gave me a new since of peace and comfort. We drove to his village and spent the time talking about his family and then his history with baseball. We stopped for some sandwiches and got home around 11 pm. So glad that God has opened this window of opportunity to share with him and to see where God wants HiS PRINT to go next. Robert already has plans made out for next summer and the camps. He told me about places to sleep and to eat and what schools he wants to invite. Looks like God has not only made a pathway for us to come, but he went ahead and paved a highway for us to come. Any body ready to come to Poland in 2014 for baseball camp?

I have definitely been brought to a house of peace and a man who is open and receptive to God's word. This morning before breakfast I asked him if I could pray for the him, his family and home and the food. He was happy for me to do so.

Thanks everyone for your prayers and have a wonderful God filled day!
David

Comments