Croatia 2013 - Day 7


Mission 2013 – Day 7
This was an incredible day and a day we will all remember forever. Our prayer is those here in Croatia that were part of it will also never forget and be as touched as we were. 
We were blessed beyond measure. The camp went extremely well and we had several more show up to play. There were close to 50 campers in the afternoon and we had a great time in both the morning session and the afternoon session. God is great and we are extremely excited at all the opportunities we have to show and share God’s love. 

Prior to the afternoon camp we packed up some softy balls with scripture verses written on them, jersey’s and Croatian New Testaments! We took two car loads so there were 10 of us going and when I pulled onto the road to the village I drove down the road a ways and we saw 4 young boys sitting beside the road. I pulled over and Brandon spoke to them in Croatian and told them he was looking for them and that he had gifts for them. They just looked at us like how do you know about me and why are you looking for me? Once we got out of the car I got out the bag with the items and started passing them out. I gave members of our mission team several shirts, balls and Bibles and we started to hand them out. Other team members had candy. All of the sudden there were people everywhere. 

In the matter of 5 minutes there must have been close to 75 children and adults standing around us. It was amazing to witness and passing out the sponge balls and bracelets was a huge hit as well. We handed out all we had and even had some candy to hand out. 

I struck up a conversation with a young man by the name of Gargon. He spoke little English but we were able to communicate enough to let him know we were there to share God’s love with his people and that God’s love for them he expressed thorough his son Jesus Christ. Gargon asked me about this Jesus and when I expressed to him that because he loved me I come to love him and others here. He asked where we were from and I told him Texas and he knew where that was but looked at me odd, like why Texas to here at the Gypsy village. That gave me the chance to share a little about why were there and that we worked with the Storks. He said he knew of us and our work with the Storks and everyone thanked us for coming. 

Several of our group had made conversations with other people and we are looking forward to going back on Monday to share. We told them we would be back on Monday at 3:00 so it will be interesting to see who shows up then. Our prayer is that we will find a man of peace and share with him and make in roads to sharing deeper in this shunned and outcast community.
The other turning point and incredible experience that will be talked about for many years, and may even be the event we reflect on many years down the road as the point where the ministry took off into a deeper level. After the Storks practice in the evening we participated in a foot washing with them. I gave them a devotion concerning servant leadership and that true leadership did not seek a title, but lead with a towel. I had Chris read John 13 and afterward each of us men and Shannon washed the feet of the 9 Storks that were there. There was no particular person we chose to wash their feet but it so happened that where I knelt down I had Martin and Dalibor, two of the original Storks. It was an incredible experience for us and a moving experience for them. Only one of them shied away at first and that was Martin, who I knew would have difficulty accepting this offer, but after I washed Dalibor’s feet and gave him a hug, Martin extended his feet into the tub. Afterward I walked down the bench and hugged each of them and then had Garett share his testimony and the impact of that struck a cord in everyone’s heart! It was incredible to hear his story but more incredible to hear his tie in to the foot washing and the opportunity to the Storks had a to change this city! We couldn’t have asked for a better  day and the only way it could have been better was if Neven and Marko, could have been there. Those are the two young men that are of the original Storks and are very close to my heart and I wish Coach Daniel would have been there. But since we told none of them this was going to happen we know the people God wanted to be there were!
We serve and awesome God and because of His power, strength and love through his Holy Spirit we are able to love on these many people here in Croatia. We are ready for a another busy day of sharing him and praising him at the library and the camp.


I am going to meet with the vice mayor of Sisak, Marco, and he is introducing me to the Mayor! Garett flies out this afternoon and we will miss him. This being his first trip out of the country since his accident 5 years ago and his first mission trip, this will be a memorable experience that will last forever! God used him in mighty ways while he was here! Please keep him and this travels back home in your prayers as he is traveling alone.

Lastly, I think we covered every form of media coverage possible. Shannon, Brandon Robert were live on the radio discussing what we were doing there in Sisak and Stefan and I were interviewed by the local newspaper! Take care and thanks for your prayers and support!

Blessings and have a wonderful God filled day!

Comments