June 3, 2012


Mission Team,
I got up this morning and started my day with this devotional and wanted to share it with you all! I share this to encourage you and to thank you for your dedication to serving Christ is Croatia! Your willingness touches me to the core of my heart and to know that God has placed this team on this path together is such a blessing to me! He wants to use us in mighty ways, with us depending on His strength and His provision! Notice the words that were used in the last couple of sentences of the devotion! (I made them bold) Seems only fitting that I share it with you all! It is indeed our vision that is WRITTEN IN INK, Our steps leaving HIS PRINT!

“This is the day the Lord has made.” Ps 118:24 NKJV God determines the number of your days, but you determine how they are spent. The Psalmist said, “This is the day the Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.” Yesterday is a cancelled check, tomorrow is a promissory note, and today is all you’ve got.  “Today I will delete from my diary two days—yesterday and tomorrow. Yesterday was for learning; tomorrow will be a consequence of what I do today. Today I will face life with the conviction that this day will never return, that it may be the last opportunity I’ll have to contribute because there’s no guarantee I’ll see tomorrow. Today I will be courageous enough not to let opportunity pass me by; my only alternative will be to succeed. Today I will invest my most valuable resource, my time, into my most important possession, the life God has given me. I’ll spend each minute purposefully, making today a unique opportunity. I’ll tackle each obstacle knowing that with God’s help I can overcome it. Today I will resist doubt and pessimism and warm my world with a smile. I’ll maintain a strong faith, expect nothing but the best, take time to be happy, see every task as an opportunity to honor the Lord, and endeavor to leave His footprints on the hearts of those I meet.”

All of you know that the shipment we put together back on April 27th to leave on a ship for Croatia on May 29th is still sitting on this side of the Atlantic Ocean! We found out on Friday that the shipment is not due to leave New York harbor until June the 15th and arrive July 5th. Although that is very disappointing and somewhat frustrating it also gives us rise to count more on Him and realize He is in control and through Him all things are possible. Please remember the important cargo is yet to leave as well and that is US! The team He has put together to glorify Him is also still on this side of the Atlantic and that we are the most important piece to the puzzle anyway! Without us there is no footstep, with no footstep there can be no foot PRINT! We want to use all of the equipment on the cargo ship for his glory, which is why He will make sure it will get to Croatia, we still know the most precious cargo is yet to go as well.

 VERSE:
"Be careful not to do your 'acts of righteousness' before men, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven."
 -- Matthew 6:1
 THOUGHT:
Compassion is not for personal glory, just as it is not private internal emotion. Christian compassion must always motivate us to act in the best interest and for the greater good of those in need, without calling attention to ourselves or our sacrifices. God provides what we need to bless others and takes care of the reward when our goal is to please him and to be used by him to bless others who are in need.
 PRAYER:
Loving God and tender Shepherd, use me each day to be a blessing to someone in need. Please open my eyes and ears to see those around me who need emotional support or financial help. Please give me the courage to bless them and lead them closer to you. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Have a wonderful God filled Monday and make each step you take leave HIS PRINT!
Your Friend
David

Comments