June 22-24, 2012

This is transcribed audio from David...  please forgive the spelling of names!
Debbie Page


June 22

It is neat to see some new young ball players with the Storks.  Cascas, Armon and Junior being the new additions.  We had a good time at practice on Friday - we hit in the cage and did some infield/outfield work.

After practice Stefan and I walked down to Rat Man downtown.  Stefan & I had a great talk on the way down there about what God is doing in his life and what God is doing here in the ministry.  We saw Rat Man and Mouse Man and had a great time.  Mouse Man was actually having a break and eating some pizza, and invited me to join him.  Getting the opportunity to share with Rat Man was very neat and incredible.  The opportunity to share with him for the last seven years has been a neat experience.
_____
June 23

I woke up on my birthday, June 23, which was a Saturday.  I woke with more tiredness but did not have a   headache.  But, I knew I could make it through because it was my birthday! Shannon & I had devotions,  worked on separating equipment, and then headed off to Karlovac for the baseball game.

The Storks are actually still in the playoffs and were playing for first place! We're very excited for them, but it does put us behind in trying to do some of the other work with building the stage foundation and carnival booths for the shipments that are still coming across the Atlantic.  So, we are a bit behind but wanted to spend time with the people and the Storks.  That's why we are here - to love them where they are & love them 'till they ask why.  We were thrilled to have the opportunity to go to  Karlovac - I've never been there.  The Storks lost, but they played an absolutely wonderful game.  We only had a couple of errors, and was just one of the best games I've ever seen the Storks play.  It was really neat to be a part of it.  Final score was 6-1.

After the game we had a birthday party over at Nevan's for Leo and me.  Leo is Nevan's 2 year old son.  He was born on the 24th and I was the 23rd - a little different time frame/decade - we had a great time.  Leo  blew out my candles for me!  It was neat to have the Storks there to celebrate my birthday.  In fact, this was my fifth birthday in a row to celebrate with the Croates.

We called it a night and headed to bed.
______

June 24

I woke after a good restful night.  I feel much, much better and ready to go celebrate Him!  I'm going to the church at Moscenic.  It's a great little Baptist church just outside of Sisak.  They asked me to come forward and share with them about our mission and what we're doing,   It was  neat experience to share with the congregation there.  I've shared with them for several years, but this year I got to really explain what we are doing, and this year they agreed to meet on Wednesday nights to specifically pray for our ministry.  They will pray for the baseball camps, Storks, and everything else we are doing - they are so excited about everything that we have going on!  

I shared a passage with them from 1 Peter 2 v9, "But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of Him who called you out of the darkness into His wonderful light.  Once you were not  a people but now you are the people of God.  Once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy."  That is why we are here - to Love them Where they Are, and Love them Until They Ask Why.  Because He Did It, that is why we do it!


_______

After church I took a little nap and spent time with Yanko.  Janko cooked a chicken dinner for us that was absolutely incredible.  It was just so neat to spend some time with him and share with him.   He gave us the low-down on what is going on with his house and business, and basically asked us if we wanted to buy it from him.  He would be the caretaker and we would have an opportunity come and stay 3-4 times each year sending different people to do different things.  It is just a wonderful opportunity; the looks, the potential and the vision here are absolutely incredible.  We're very excited about that!  It was neat to see Janko open up and share, and to spend time together with him.

God answered prayer!  When we were cleaning out Janko's office area we found 60 copies of Fellowship of Christian Athletes New Testaments called The Path to Victory.  Andy Pettit's picture is on the front; it is a sports New Testament with testimonies from many professional baseball players.  This is perfect for us to give to the kids who will be participating in the International Tournament from Poland, Lithuania, Slavenia and Croatia.  There are almost exactly 60 players coming!  This is such a great example of another answered prayer!
_______
After eating we spent the afternoon separating equipment that we had here from previous years.  There is actually more than I remembered.  We have plenty of jerseys, so even if the shipment does not get here for the first two carnivals we'll have almost enough to be able to handle what we need (especially with the extra baggage that is coming with the group who are leaving on Monday.)

Shannon spent time with  and I got the equipment all organized and ready to combine with the items arriving on Tuesday.  We're getting ready for our first event - the main part of which is the Texas Carnival up at the SOS Village in Lekenik.  We are so excited about the opportunity to share and love with those young orphans.

I got an opportunity to walk around the SOS property and take some video, and looked & prayed over the property.  I am so excited about what God has planned!  I'm praying for God's leading and direction in what He has in store for this ministry.

Shannon, Svjetlana, Janko and I walked downtown.  Of course we had more ice cream! There was a jazz festival going on the riverwalk, and we had a nice walk.  We came back to the house and spent some more time organizing  and talking about plans for the week.  We had a great time planning, spent some time in prayer, and feel great & ready to go! 

We're calling it a night and heading to bed.  Thanks for everyone's prayers.  They are being answered!


Comments